(as Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate) TRACCS®**
Albion True Mineral Chelate
Essential Mineral for Health and Why
by Charlie Skeen
While it’s true that one’s blood sugar can be controlled by avoiding refined carbohydrates (sugar and flour products, especially white flour) and/or insulin injections, total control can only be achieved when the body receives the proper amount of trivalent chromium, in a GTF configuration, and other important minerals such as manganese, magnesium, and zinc.
Chromium and Cardiovascular Disease
It’s interesting to note that in countries that have high tissue levels of chromium there is very little atherosclerosis, plaque on the lining of the arteries, and very low occurrences of heart attacks and strokes. On the other hand, areas of the world where there are low tissue levels of chromium cardiovascular disease is greater. It’s been discovered that people who have died of heart disease have almost no chromium in their aortas, the main blood vessels to the heart, while those who do not suffer from heart disease or plaque deposits in the aortas have healthy levels of aortic chromium.
GTF - Glucose Tolerance Factor
Studies have revealed that GTF binds both to the insulin molecule and the insulin receptor which increases the hormonal effect of insulin up to three fold, thereby enhancing glucose tolerance. But, as people grow older, and due to nutrient deficiencies and health complications, they can no longer form the GTF contributing to diabetes, and/or elevated cholesterol and triglycerides increasing the risk of cardiovascular complications.
To insure that this process of making GTF chromium occurs in the body it is essential to take organic chromium that is a true chelate for maximum absorption and have the nicotinic acid/B3 combined with it. After the chromium enters the blood stream it will then combine with glutathione to produce a GTF chromium.
Of the three amino acids, glycine, cysteine, and glutamic acid, required to produce GTF chromium, cysteine is the only one that could be in short supply. Glycine and glutamic acid are very abundant and are almost never lacking. To insure adequate levels of cysteine are present make sure that sulfur containing foods such as eggs, especially the yolks, red peppers, muscle proteins, garlic, onions, cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, mustard, and horseradish are consumed regularly. Also, one could supplement with MSM, a source of organic sulfur, and cysteine amino acid capsules.
Proper levels of cysteine will allow the body’s liver to produce adequate amounts of the tri-peptide amino acid gluathione so that when the true chelate organic chromium, preformed with nicotinic acid/B3 is taken, they will combine and produce GTF chromium for healthy blood sugar control to prevent diabetes, and/or elevated cholesterol and triglycerides increasing the risk of cardiovascular complications.
As we can see chromium and it’s co-factors in forming GTF are far more critical to our health than just simply a weight loss supplement.
Other Areas that Trivalent GTF
Chromium is Beneficial are;
Needs to Be Replenished Daily
Exercise of any sort no matter how mild, increases chromium losses twice the normal rate. Urinary losses when exercising more vigorously, such as running six miles, are five times the norm. Carbo-loading and eating simple carbohydrates in the form of sugars cause losses 3 times the norm.
Research has confirmed that chromium is indeed essential in maintaining a healthy, disease free body. Especially in light of the fact that the number one killer in the United States is heart disease. Also, more people than ever before are becoming diabetic. This is becoming an epidemic of huge proportions costing billions of dollars annually, as well as affecting many lives in a negative way.
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate
This patented form of chromium, called
chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate from Albion Labs, is produced
by a patented process that combines organic trivalent chromium (Cr+3)
with nicotinic acid/B3, and the amino acid glycine to produce a safe,
organic, non-toxic form of chromium. Blood study analysis revealed that
the total chromium absorbed from chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate
Chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate is a true mineral chelate using the amino acid glycine as the chelator, or carrier, of the chromium through the villi of the small intestine into the blood stream.
Synergistic Mineral Co-Factors
Magnesium (as TRACCS® manganese glycinate chelate in Flex Naturally™) - involved in activating over 300 enzymes, some of which are required to properly use fat, carbohydrates, and protein in the cells. Activates metabolic processes that burn sugar (glucose) and fats to produce ATP (adenosinetryphosphate) in the glycolytic and Kreb’s energy cycles. Slows secretion of insulin preventing hypoglycemia and diabetes. Involved in RNA and DNA production for healthy cellular replication of cells in tissues and organs involved in blood-sugar control. The malic acid portion is used by the body in the production of energy.
Manganese (as TRACCS® manganese glycinate chelate) - required for proper use of glucose for energy, normal pancreas function and development. A deficiency will result in a reduced production of insulin because of defective cells in the pancreas as well as a fewer number of islet cells which contain fewer beta cells that manufacture insulin. In 1964, Dr. L.G. Konsenko found manganese levels in diabetics to be approximately half of those of non-diabetics.
Zinc (as TRACCS® zinc glycinate chelate) - a key component in the function of insulin. Zinc is required for DNA synthesis, critical to cellular replication of the cells of organs and tissues involved in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels, energy production, muscle building, fat utilization and activates over one hundred enzymes needed in many complex metabolic processes. A deficiency results in reduced glutathione levels in the blood needed for GTF formation with organic chromium.
Patented Process for Superior Absorption
Glycine-An Essential Nutritionally
Functional Mineral Chelate
The importance of glycine is revealed to us when we see the many roles it plays in the complexity of the human body. Please note some of these roles listed below.
1. Glycine serves as a neurotransmitter necessary for Central Nervous System function.
2. Glycine helps to slow the degeneration of muscle tissue as one of the three components needed to produce creatine.
3. Glycine is needed for healthy prostate function in males.
4. Glycine is used to form nonessential amino acids for the immune system.
5. Glycine is used along with other amino acids in the Krebs Cycle, the energy system of the body responsible for the production of glycogen in the liver and muscles.
6. Glycine is needed for the manufacture of skin proteins, collagen, glutathionine, and DNA, which as you will recall is critical to cellular replication of cells throughout our body.
6. Research has confirmed glycine’s ability to assist in the recovery of the liver from alcohol-induced liver damage (1), protect the liver from carcinogens such as hypolipidemic drugs, chemical solvents, and industrial plasticizers, (2) minimizes alcohol-induced liver damage by preventing ethanol from reaching the liver by activating first-pass metabolism in the stomach, (3) displays significant anti-ulcer and cytoprotective properties against chemically induced gastric ulcers, (4) dietary glycine was found to be safe and effective in reducing kidney toxicity by cyclosporines (5) ( Cyclosporines are fungi of a group of biologically active metabolites of the fungi Tolypocladium inflatum Gams. This would include certain other fungi as well), and a 5% glycine diet prevented death and reduced liver and lung injury in animals exposed to endotoxin shock (6) ( Endotoxin shock is a result of toxin contained in the cell walls of some microorganisms, especially gram-negative bacteria, being released when the bacterium dies and is broken down in the body).
As can be seen the amino acid glycine is not only an excellent agent for chelating minerals for superior absorption and is safe, but is a useful nutrient to the body.
Chromium and Other Minerals Important
for Health and Disease Prevention
2. “Dietary glycine prevents increases in hepatocyte proliferation cause by peroxisome proliferator”. [ WY-14, 643", Rose, et al:Chem Res Toxicol, 10(10):1198-204 1997 Oct ]
3. “Glycine minimizes alcohol-induced liver injury by preventing ethanol from reaching liver by activating first-pass metabolism in the stomach”. [ Iimuro y, et al, Gastroenterology, vol 110, iss 5, 1996, P1536-42 ]
4. Glycine was shown to have significant anti ulcer and cytoprotective properties against chemically induced gastric ulcers. [ Tariq and Al-Moutaery, Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol, 97(2):185-98 1997 Aug ]
5. Dietary Glycine was found to be a safe
and effective treatment to reduce the nephrotoxicity of cyclosporines.
6. Glycine diet (5%) was shown to totally prevent mortality and reduce liver and lung injury in animals exposed to endotoxin shock. [ Ikejim, et al, Am J Physiol, 271 (1PT1):G97-103 1996 July ]
|Copyright© 2009 by Live Well Naturally. The use of information found in Live Well Naturally Newsletter for commercial purposes is prohibited without the written permission of the author.|